Geneva Prep Set Ref.055
Diamond instruments for crown and bridge prosthetic restorations
D16, D6, 235, 237, 240, 255
D8GB, D7GB, 274GB
Burs for classic crown and bridge restorations according to methods developed at the University of Geneva.
- 1 round and tapered bur FG D16, ISO size 012, head length 7.0mm, 90μm grit for proximal separation.
- 3 round and tapered burs FG 235, 237 and 240, ISO sizes 018, 022, 023, head lengths 8.0 / 10.0 / 11.0mm, 106μm grit for axial and incisal or for occlusal reduction.
- 2 round and tapered burs FG D6 and 235, ISO sizes 016 and 018, head lengths 10.0 and 8.0mm, 106μm grit for interproximal axial reduction. Axial reductions are linked with the preparation of a defined chamfer
- 1 football bur FG 255, ISO size 023 with 106μm grit designed for palatal reduction.
- 2 tapered burs FG D8GB and FG D7GB, ISO sizes 016 and 025, 50μm grit for finishing abutments.
- 1 bur FG 274GB, ISO size 016, 50μm grit for finishing or cervical chamfer.
- Abutment preparation for crowns and bridges
- Reduced number of burs for complex preparation procedures
- Method tested by the University of Geneva
Clinical Case (University of Geneva, Switzerland)
- Insertion of an interdental wedge cervically and separation with instrument FG D16
- Preparation of diagnostic grooves with instrument FG 237 and axial circular and incisal reduction with instruments FG 235, 237 or 240
- Interproximal axial reduction with instruments FG D6 and FG 235
- Palatinal reduction with instrument Football FG 255
- Finishing of the crown abutment with instruments FG D8GB and D7GB
- Finishing or incisal contouring as well as cervical chamfer with instrument FG 274GB